transientBug Rails Project
This is the main server and frontend for the transientBug.ninja bookmarking service.
- Try to keep it simple, mkay?
- Docker for dev/deployments
- Ruby on Rails 5.2
- Ruby 2.5.1
- Sidekiq for ActiveJob
- Clockwork.rb for periodic tasks
- Postgresql 9.6
- Elasticsearch 5.6
- Redis 4
- JQuery for basic stuff
- React for advanced stuff
- Webpack 4 & Sprockets
- Node 8 with the webpacker gem
- Current thoughts are to ditch Sprockets, idk.
A Paw.app file is provided and I try to keep it up to date with the current
API. Currently the paw file has been removed but I'm working on a better
Chrome headless is being setup for the capybara tests, you should install it with something like
brew install chromedriver
Or look into using a helper.
- RSpec is used for tests (eventually, they're a work in progress) deal with it
- Capybara specs run with chrome-headless
- Travis CI runs specs, yard documentation and rubocop