This directory contains sample files that can be used in combination with the fabfile available in the repository for deploying Pootle servers.
This fabfile will setup a Pootle server within a virtual environment, running in a Apache server with mod_wsgi.
The deployment is separated in two different environments:
- Staging environment (/deploy/staging/ directory)
- Production environment (/deploy/production/ directory)
This way server administrators can separate their testing and real-world Pootle servers.
For deploying a Pootle server in any of the desired environments, it is necessary to put some configuration files in place.
- Module with settings that will be used in Fabric.
- Pootle-specific settings for the server (it will override the defaults).
- Apache VirtualHost configuration file.
All the settings defined in the fabric.py module will populate the Fabric env dictionary, making the configuration keys available in the settings.conf and virtualhost.conf files. You can use basic Python string formatting to access the configuration values.
Sample configuration files are provided for reference under the /deploy/ directory. Adapt them to your needs and put them in the right location before running any Fabric commands.