Travel Tech Con 2017 Pitch Competition Rules
TTC'17 Pitch Competition is the second annual pitch competition organized by Travel Tech Con, legal name First Frontier LLC ("TTC", "we" or "us").
This year, the final 20 startups divided into two cohorts (early stage and VC-backed) will make it to the final round, hosted by 500 Startups at their San Francisco office on May 22nd.
Please visit 2017.traveltechcon.com for information about judges, prizes, etc.
You, the entrant, can participate in the pitch competition, if you meet the following criteria:
- you have incorporated less than two years ago
- you've raised less than $1M
- you are actively working on your product
- you agree with the rules we describe in this document
- Fill out an application form on our F6S page
- Attend the training days on May 8th and 10th, where 500 Startups partners will give you feedback on your pitch (optional)
- We will announce the 20 finalists on May 15th
- If you are selected to advance to the finals, you have to be physically present at 500 Startups office (map) on May 22nd at 11:30 am.
- Winners will be announced at the conference day on May 24th
The 20 startups that will be selected to pitch at the Gala Pitch Competition on May 22nd, will receive full conference tickets, including workshop day (May 23rd) and conference day (May 24th), limited to one ticket per startup.
Note: buying a conference ticket does not guarantee you a spot at the final pitch competition on May 22nd.
You will have exactly 2 minutes 30 seconds to pitch your idea. We will turn off the microphone if you run over.
Each judge participating in the competition has to provide a prize that they will give to the startup they like the most. Each judge will use their own criteria to select a winner.
Please note that we're just providing a platform for startups and judges to connect, we will not be responsible for judges decisions or the delivery of the prizes, which we'll leave to the discretion of the judges and their organizations, who may or may not ask you to sign additional documents, such as liability/publicity release, etc.
Name and Likeness Rights
By participating in the pitch competition you give us, Travel Tech Con, and our designees the right to use your names (including your company name), likenesses, photographs and personal information for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
Representations and Warranties
By entering the pitch competition you warrant and represent that:
- you will only pitch your own company, product or idea
- you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement
- participation in this pitch competition does not conflict with any other existing contract, agreement or regulation
- there are no threatened, pending, or current claims, actions, or lawsuits in connection with your company or idea
- publication or other use of the information associated with your submission will not infringe on the rights of any third party
Indemnification and Release
By entering the pitch competition you agree to indemnify, release, and hold harmless TTC, our subsidiary and affiliated companies, judges and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the competition, including, without limitation, First Frontier LLC, the judges, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the competition, and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prizes.
Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TTC from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the competition and your acceptance, use, or misuse of prizes.
By accepting your submission, we in no way grant you any additional rights therein or otherwise expand the scope of your rights under applicable copyright laws.
You acknowledge and agree that anyone, including participating independent judges, may independently develop a project which resemble the idea you will present at the competition, and that you are not entitled to any compensation and have no rights of any kind in connection therewith.
The relationship between you and TTC is one of independent contractors. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, or to represent the other party as agent, employee, or in any other capacity, except as specifically provided herein. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond our reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the competition, as determined by TTC in its sole discretion. We reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or company we find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition or to be acting in violation of these rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Our failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Released Parties are not responsible for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the competition;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
- unauthorized human intervention in any part of the competition process or the Contest;
- technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Choice of Law, Dispute Resolution
This Agreement shall be deemed to have been entered into and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to contracts made and to be performed entirely within California, without giving effect to the state’s conflicts of law statute. Any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of or related to the agreement or your participation in the competition shall be settled by an arbitrator, within San Mateo County, California subject to the rules and regulations of the American Arbitration Association then in effect, except that such arbitration shall be handled by a single arbitrator selected in accordance with such rules and regulations. Each party to any arbitration shall bear its own costs, including attorney’s fees. Failure to appear at any arbitration hearing entitles the arbitrator to proceed ex parte.
Travel Tech Con
First Frontier LLC
1025 Alameda De Las Pulgas, #642
Belmont CA 94002