Mapping Geotagged Images v1.0
This script requires JPG images with geotagged information in the header, stored in a Dropbox folder that is publicly shared and an ArcGIS Online account capable of publishing services and maps.
- Code block 1, line 20: Point to a local Dropbox folder with photos. Photos can be in subdirectories. Non-JPG files are ignored. A CSV file is gernated int he folder and used to create the ArcGIS Online layer.
- From the Dropbox.com website, share your folder and copy the shared folder URL.
- Code block 1, line 6: Add "&preview=" to the end of the URL and insert into script below (baseDropBoxSharefolder=). It will look like: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6icw00y0uuuiszc/AADIl61HVsZuzc5i3MuPZfv1a?dl=0&preview=
- Code block 2, line 5: Add your ArcGIS Online username, password and subdomain.
- Access your AGO account after running this script to find your new layer. Createa new map and add the layer to it. Set sharing as needed.
-Tom, October 2018