Create Virtual Assistants with Python
Flask-Assistant allows you to focus on building the core business logic of conversational user interfaces while utilizing Dialogflow's Natural Language Processing to interact with users.
Now supports Dialogflow V2!
This project is heavily inspired and based on John Wheeler's Flask-ask for the Alexa Skills Kit.
- Mapping of user-triggered Intents to action functions
- Context support for crafting dialogue dependent on the user's requests
- Define prompts for missing parameters when they are not present in the users request or past active contexts
- A convenient syntax resembling Flask's decoratored routing
- Rich Responses for Google Assistant
from flask import Flask from flask_assistant import Assistant, ask app = Flask(__name__) assist = Assistant(app, project_id='GOOGLE_CLOUD_PROJECT_ID') @assist.action('Demo') def hello_world(): speech = 'Microphone check 1, 2 what is this?' return ask(speech) if __name__ == '__main__': app.run(debug=True)
- Create an Assistant object with a Flask app.
- Use action decorators to map intents to the proper action function.
- Use action view functions to return ask or tell responses.