Jekyll + GitHub pages site for https://www.trekview.org
Master branch hosts Github pages build for: https://www.trekview.org
Install the dependencies with Bundler:
Run jekyll commands through Bundler to ensure you're using the right versions:
bundle exec jekyll serve
Creating new blog posts
We'd love contributions from photographers who want to share their Street View Tours.
If you're not technical, or want some help crafting a post, contact us here
Want to go it alone? Great!
Here's our general guide for creating new posts:
- Create a new branch of this repository with your post name, or something descriptive
- Check out some of our existing posts for some inspiration. You can use an existing post as a template
- Create a new file under
/_postswith a name in the format
- We keep blog images under
/images/blog/DATE_OF_POST. If you want to add images, please place them here and reference from your post.
- Create an author record under
_defaults.mdfile as a template. Make sure to include your author name in your posts frontmatter.
- Ensure all the frontmatter is accurate (title, description and images are most important), and set
- Test you post before submitting a push request to publish. To preview your site locally, you can use
bundle exec jekyll serve --unpublished
- If everything looks good, commit the changes to the repository and submit a new pull request.
We will review and proofread all posts prior to merging pull requests. If we have any feedback, we'll let you know.
Thanks in advance for your contributions -- we look forward to viewing your photos!
Built with Jekyll version 3.7.4, but should support newer versions as well.
We use the master branch to publish to Github pages.
Before merging any changes to master, check for 404's:
bundle exec htmlproofer ./_site
The content of this site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The software of this site is licensed under the MIT License.