An LDraw™ editor for LEGO® style digital building instructions.
LPub3D is an Open Source WYSIWYG editing application for creating LEGO® style digital building instructions. LPub3D is developed and maintained by Trevor SANDY. It uses the LDraw parts library, the most comprehensive library of digital Open Source LEGO® bricks available (www.ldraw.org/ ) and reads the LDraw LDR and MPD model file formats.
LPub3D provides three popular LDraw image renderers - custom adapted console applications for tight integration, optimum flexibility and robust performance.
- LDGLite - fast image rendering ideal for proofing
- LDView - feature rich image rendering and pov file generation
- LPub3D-Trace (POV-Ray) - high fedility, feature rich image rendering
LPub3D runs on Debian, Red Hat and Arch derived Linux distros, macOS and Windows Operating Systems. LPub3D is also available as a Linux 'no-install', multi-platform AppImage.
- Click icon above to download distribution asset.
LPub3D is available for free under the GNU Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3).
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this application.
- Integrated 3D Viewer powered by LeoCAD
- Integrated image renderers (LDGlite, LDView and POV-Ray) - no more additional installs
- Renderer config files accessible from the LPub3D user interface
- Custom LDraw library LDConfig (part material) file can be passed to LDGlite and LDView renderers
- Set ROTSTEP (step rotation) meta using 3D Viewer
- Fade previous step's parts (Fadestep)
- Unlimited part list (PLI) annotations
- Split the BOM (divide parts over number of BOM occurrences)
- Sort PLI/BOM by part size, color and category
- "Go To" page navigation and submodel display via drop-down dialogue
- Automatically generate formatted cover pages
- POV-Ray high-quality rendered instructions
- LGEO high-quality rendering library support and auto detection
- Customizable content page header and footer
- Text and picture (e.g. logo) front and back page attributes
- Print/Export preview
- PDF, PNG, JPG and BMP export formats
- Standard and custom page size options
- On demand, software and LDraw archive library updates
- All features from legacy LPub - enhanced and stabilized
- Linux, Linux AppImage, macOS and Microsoft Windows distributions
- Windows automated installer and portable distributions available
- Full capabilities to build and package from source or Cloud Continuous Integration Service
- Automated build and deploy from Cloud CI Service: Travis-CI, AppVeyor and Open Build Service
- Docker container builds using Docker Compose available for Arch, Ubuntu and Fedora 25 Linux distros
Portions of LPub3D are based on LPUB© 2007-2009 Kevin Clague, LeoCAD© 2018 Leonardo Zide and additional third party components. See Credits for full details on contributing content.
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2018 by Trevor SANDY