Tripal is a toolkit for construction of online biological (genetics, genomics, breeding, etc), community database, and is a member of the GMOD family of tools. Tripal provides by default integration with the GMOD Chado database schema and Drupal, a popular Content Management Systems (CMS). Tripal is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Provide a framework for those with genomic, genetic and breeding data for creation of an online site for display, search and visualization.
- To use community-derived standards and ontologies to facility continuity between sites which in turn fosters collaboration and sharing
- Provide an out-of-the-box setup for a genomics site for those who simply want to put new genome assemblies and annotations online.
- Provide Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for complete customization such that more advanced displays, look-and-feel, and new functionality can be supported.
- Incorporates the GMOD Chado database schema which serves as the data warehouse.
- Integrates with Drupal for user management, and non-biological content.
- Data loaders for commonly used file formats (FASTA, GFF3, GAF, OBO, NCBI Taxonomy, PubMed, newick, tab-delimited, etc.).
- Sites can be customized as desired.
- Site developers can create new extension modules to share with other Tripal sites.
Please follow the instructions in the online Tripal User's Guide: http://tripal.info/tutorials/v2.x/installation
Visit the http://tripal.info site for support documentation, access to mailing lists, monthly Tripal User's meeting notes, and more!