TODO: some updates need here. Also to clarify exact role of this repository.
TripleA Maps Project
- Map Making: https://github.com/triplea-maps/Project/tree/master/MapMakingTools
- Admin Setup: https://github.com/triplea-maps/Project/tree/master/bin
- Game engine: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea
How to play a map pre-release
Three ways: 1. If the map is officially part of the maps project, then look for the releases section of the map, and then look for the zip file download link. Example:
You can also go to the main page of the map, and click "clone or download", and save the map repo as a zip. Then extract the contents of that zip into the triplea 'downloadedMaps' folder (you can set this path from within the game via the settings window)
You can do a 'git' clone of the map repo directly to 'downloadedMaps'
How to Report a Problem with a Map
- Click the downloads maps button to open the downloads map window
- select the 'installed' tab, find the map ands select it
- click the 'submit feedback' button
Alternatively, find the map here:http://github.com/triplea-maps
- Click through and then look for the "issues" link, and then click "new"
Filling out the issues form:
- Describe the problem, be specific
Game bugs should be reported with the game engine: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/new
- Download (clone) all of the map repos: https://github.com/triplea-maps/Project/blob/master/bin/clone_all.sh
## search for text grep -r "search_text" ## search for text and only display the names of the files that match grep -lr "search_text" ## search XML files, and for each one search for text. ## This is a much faster version than 'grep -r' which goes over image and binary files ## The "-H" forces the file name in grep. "-h" will suppress. The forced file name is to mimic ## the behavior of 'grep -r' via using the find command. find . -name "*xml" | xargs grep -H "search_text"