- Prepare your USB bootable drive following the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/
- Copy over the CLOVER folder to your USB
- Set the BIOS settings to below ( Full guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ) In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings: - "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this) - "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X - "secure boot " should be disabled - "legacy boot" optional (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI if you have it) - "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies) (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI) - "fast boot" (if available) should be disabled. - "boot from USB" or "boot from external" enabled - SATA mode (if available) should be AHCI - TPM should be disabled (Trusted Platform Module)
- In boot menu, select the USB drive and continue to boot
- If everything is fine, you should get the clover bootloader screen with a menu item listing different boot options.
- Select "install mac os". If everything is fine, your laptop will boot further and the installation will start.
- If you see a hang / kernel panic while the booting (At Apple Logo), do the following (You shouldn't see this since everything is fixed up in this repo):
- Once in the clover menu goto Options>Graphics Injector>InjectIntel>FakeID
- Set FakeID to "0x12345678" from "0x00000000" (This must be set every time you boot through Clover until we resolve the Intel HD 520 Graphics below)
- Follow the full guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-i5559-on-macos-sierra-gm.203688/ after installation.
- Continue the installation.
- Once installation is complete copy the kext files in CLOVER/kexts/Others/ToLE/ into your /Library/Extensions folder, run 'sudo kextcache -i /' and reboot. You should now have Ethernet, Audio, Graphics, Touchpad etc working perfectly fine.