All notable changes to the project are documented in this file.
1.16.0 - 2018-03-xx
Event loop callback support.
rl_unintialize(), new function to free all memory, by Claus Fischer
rl_insert_text(), new GNU Readline compat function
rl_refresh_line(), new GNU Readline compat function
rl_callback_*(), alternate interface to plain
readline()for event loops. Modeled after the GNU Readline API
- Add support for Ctrl-Right and Ctrl-Left, forward/backward word
- Fixed header guards, avoid using leading
- Spell check fixes
- Remove duplicate code in history check
NULL, where applicable
- Misc. minor Coverity Scan fixes
- Misc. minor fixes to
fclose()return value in in
- Initialize global variables and reset to
1.15.3 - 2017-09-07
Bug fix release.
- Refactor all enable/disable configure options, same problem as in #7
--enable-termcapconfigure option does not work, wrongly enables termcap by default.
Also, check for terminfo as well, when
1.15.2 - 2016-06-06
Bug fixes and minor feature creep in
- Prevent mangling of symbols when linking with C++. Patch courtesy of Jakub Pawlowski
- Do not assume a termcap library exists, check for
tgetent()in curses, ncurses, tinfo and termcap libraries
tty_flush()when user calls
rl_forced_update_display()to prevent screen becoming garbled. Patch by Jakub Pawlowski
1.15.1 - 2015-11-16
Bug fixes only.
- Update README with origin of this version of editline
- Fix build system, don't force automake v1.11, require at least v1.11
- Fix build problem with examples using
1.15.0 - 2015-09-10
- Add support for
--disable-sigintto disable default Ctrl-D and Ctrl-C behavior
- Add support for
el_no_histto disable access to and auto-save of history
- GNU readline compat functions for prompt handling and redisplay
- Refactor: replace variables named 'new' with non-reserved word
- Add support for Travis-CI, continuous integration with GitHub
- Add support for Coverity Scan, the best static code analyzer, integrated with Travis-CI -- scan runs for each push to master
- Rename NEWS.md --> ChangeLog.md, with symlinks for make install
- Attempt to align with http://keepachangelog.com/ for this file
- Cleanup and improve Markdown syntax in README.md
- Add API and example to README.md, inspired by libuEv
- Removed generated files from version control. Use
./autogen.shto generate the
configurescript when working from GIT. This does not affect distributed tarballs
- Fix issue #2, regression in Ctrl-D (EOF) behavior. Regression introduced in 1.14.1. Fixed by @TobyGoodwin
- Fix memory leak in completion handler. Found by Coverity Scan.
- Fix suspicious use of
sizeof(char **), same as
sizeof(char *)but non-portable. Found by Coverity Scan
- Fix out-of-bounds access in user key binding routines Found by Coverity Scan.
- Fix invisible example code in man page
1.14.2 - 2014-09-14
Bug fixes only.
el_no_echobug causing secrets to leak when disabling no-echo
EINTRin syscalls better
1.14.1 - 2014-09-14
Minor fixes and additions.
- Don't print status message on
stderrin key binding funcions
- Check for and return pending signals when detected
- Allow custom key bindings ...
- Bug fixes ...
1.14.0 - 2010-08-10
Major cleanups and further merges with Debian editline package.
- Merge in changes to
- Migrate to use libtool
- Make scrollback history (
- Configure options for toggling terminal bell and
- Configure option for using termcap to read/control terminal size
- Rename Signal to
el_intr_pending, from Festival speech-tools
- Merge support for capitalizing words (
M-c) from Festival speech-tools by Alan W Black mailto:awb()cstr!ed!ac!uk
- Fallback backspace handling, in case
- Cleanups and fixes thanks to the Sparse static code analysis tool
el_no_echopatch from Festival speech-tools
- Merge fixes from Heimdal project
- Completely refactor
rl_list_possib()with fixes from the Heimdal project. Use
rl_set_list_possib_func(). Default completion callbacks are now available as a configure option
- Memory leak fixes
- Actually fix 8-bit handling by reverting old Debian patch
- Merge patch to improve compatibility with GNU readline, thanks to Steve Tell from way back in 1997 and 1998
1.13.0 - 2010-03-09
Adaptations to Debian editline package.
- Major version number bump, adapt to Jim Studt's v1.12
debian/directory and adapt it to configure et al.
- Change library name to libeditline to distinguish it from BSD libedit
0.3.0 - 2009-02-08
- Support for ANSI arrow keys using configure --enable-arrow-keys
0.2.3 - 2008-12-02
- Patches from Debian package merged
- Support for custom command completion
0.1.0 - 2008-06-07
- First version, forked from Minix current 2008-06-06