Clean Blog by Start Bootstrap - GitHub Pages version by Thanh Tran
The official Jekyll version of the Clean Blog theme by Start Bootstrap.
Changes from Original Jekyll Theme
- Use SASS (SCSS flavor) instead of LESS, with minimal Bootstrap SCSS bundle
- New choice of typography, remarkably Source Sans Pro for titles and Noto Serif for body texts
- Support Vietnamese texts
- Use client-side Prism syntax highlighter (compatible with GitHub-flavored Markdown code fences) instead of pre-rendered Pygments
- Include Google Analytics script tag. Set your GA ID at
- Include Disqus script to enable commenting. Set your Disqus site's ID at
site.disqus_site_id. If not set, the comment section is omitted.
- Full text search using Google site search. See search.html.
- A compact posts archive (which list all published blog posts). I believe listing the post titles is better than Search and it generate some sort of information scent.
- Better image caption using
img + emtechnique. See this example
- Enable automatic feed generation supported by GitHub Pages, added jekyll-feed in gems in _config.yml file
- Enable auto sitemap, added jekyll-sitemap in gems in _config.yml file
- Enable jekyll-seo-tag plugin to generate SEO and social network friendly tags
- TODO: Implement tags labelling for posts and view by tags
- TODO: Add modified / update time using front matter or pushed time
Note on the SEO plugin and front matter
titlefor both post title and HTML page title
subtitlefor the text below the main title
descriptionfor meta and open graph description
imagefor both post header image and open graph image
Before You Begin
In the config.yml file, the base URL is set to
/startbootstrap-clean-blog-jekyll which is this themes gh-pages preview. It's recommended that you remove the base URL before working with this theme locally!
It should look like this:
This Jekyll theme is customized to run well on GitHub Pages, therefore it must be built or previewed with
github-pages gem to align the plugins and settings. Follow this article for environment installation. After that, you can start previewing the generated site with
bundle exec jekyll serve.
grunt into your command line which will build the files. You can use
You can also run
grunt serve to watch for changes and test the blog in one command.
This theme is for my own blog which is customized with my own preferences. Issue reports are welcome but I may have little time to respond to questions or installation support.
Besides, please visit Clean Blog's template overview page on Start Bootstrap at http://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/clean-blog/ for extra info and comments.