Compact novice-friendly semi-ergonomic wireless keyboard
Compact implies that:
- Switches will be low-profile (kailh choc, x or similar)
- Microcontroller will be soldered on PCB
- Case will be thin and minimalistic
- All keys will be small (1U)
- Where to place the battery???
Semi-ergonomic implies that it won't be too fancy as kinesis or ergodox, but will solve most of "classic" keyboards problems:
- Staggered keys
- Big useless spacebar
- Lack of thumbs usage
- Strange out of reach modifier position
Novice-friendly implies that:
- kboard will look familar
- Will be well-documented
- Will have user-friendly way to update firmware/layout
Wireless implies that:
- It will be, you know, wireless :)
- Based on nrf52840 or similar cortex-m4 chip
- Will have an internal battery
To show current layer and maybe some other information.
Additionally it will have a trackpoint/joystick to manipulate the cursor without mouse and touch wheel.
Keyboard should also enhance your gaming experience:
- Special gaming layer to keep your gaming experience the same on all of types of keyboards
- Show in game parameters (like health) with RGB or display, or both
- Will support macros
- Macros recording on the go
- Ability to switch between multiple devcies instantly
- Switch between bluetooth/cable
Initial idea of mechanical layout
The picture taken here: https://t.me/klavaorgwork
Updated version will be uploaded later.