Useful scripts for SAML developers
This SAML Library includes the following features:
- implements an HTTP conditional request (RFC 7232) client for SAML metadata
- implements various metadata filters that can be used to build SAML metadata pipelines
- implements a client for the Metadata Query Protocol
- implements an HTTP extension to the bash
- provides numerous XSLT scripts for SAML metadata
- provides tools that support the Shibboleth LocalDynamicMetadataProvider
- monitors the life cycle of a SAML metadata resource
For detailed information about one of the tools, consult the tool's online help. For example, type:
$ $BIN_DIR/md_refresh.bash -h
to find out more about the HTTP conditional request client for SAML metadata.
These scripts usually appear at the beginning of a SAML metadata pipeline:
These scripts usually appear at the end of a SAML metadata pipeline:
Under normal conditions, SAML metadata flows through these filters, and so these scripts are used to extend a SAML metadata pipeline:
Install the Bash Library before installing the scripts in this repository.
Download the SAML Library source, change directory to the source directory, and install the source on top of the Bash Library as follows:
$ ./install.sh $BIN_DIR $LIB_DIR
The following commands confirm that the files were installed:
$ ls -1 $BIN_DIR | head -n 5 cget.bash chead.bash http_cache_check.bash http_cache_diff.bash http_cache_file.bash $ ls -1 $LIB_DIR | head -n 5 add_validUntil_attribute.xsl compatible_date.bash config_tools.bash core_lib.bash entity_endpoints_txt.xsl
LIB_DIR directories will contain files from both libraries.
The SAML Library requires the same environment variables as the Bash Library.
The shell scripts are compatible with both GNU/Linux and Mac OS. The XSLT scripts are written in XSLT 1.0.
The SAML Library depends on the Bash Library.