Awesome Tech Conferences
A curated list of upcoming technical conferences
This list is possible because of your contributions! Please contribute!
⭐(Oct 27) Columbus Code Camp (Columbus, OH, USA) - A technology-agnostic community event where software developers learn from their peers.
⭐(September 19-22) Tapia 2018 (Orlando, FL) - The Tapia conference has always been a premier venue to acknowledge, to promote and to celebrate diversity in computing. ⭐(September 26–28) GHC-18 (Houston, TX) - Grace Hopper Celebration is the world's largest gathering of women technologists!
⭐(August 27-30) GopherCon (Denver, CO) - Focused on everything Golang.
⭐(July 11-12) Dash (New York, NY) - Speed up, Scale up!
⭐(June 12-14) DockerCon (San Francisco, CA) - The container conference for the Docker Community ⭐(June 10-11) DEVit Web Conference (Thessaloniki, Greece) - Each year we meticulously vet and select remarkable speakers to deliver the best talks on web development. Whether it's Frontend, Backend, DevOps or Mobile that you care about, join us to learn about the most modern practices and techniques. A truly 360° conference! Organised by the most active, independent, non-profit, local organizations. ⭐(June 4-6) Monitorama (Portland, OR) - Popular conference about anything related to monitoring, metrics and tracing. ⭐(June 1) dotScale 2018 (Paris, France) - The European Tech Conference on Scalability
⭐(May 31) dotAI 2018 (Paris, France) - The Artificial Intelligence Conference for Developers ⭐(May 17-18) RevolutionConf 2018 (Virginia Beach, VA) - RevolutionConf is a two-day, platform and language agnostic, software development conference in Virginia Beach, VA. Back for our third year! ⭐(May 9-17) PyCon 2018 (Cleveland, OH) - Premier Python conference. Split into three parts - tutorial, conference and sprint days. ⭐(May 4-5) CodelandConf 2018 (NYC) - A CodeNewBie conference for community of programmers and people learning to code ⭐(May 4) Stir Trek: Infinity War (Columbus, OH) - 2,000 software developers converge on a movie theater for a day packed with 48 great talks and a movie.
⭐(April 21) DSConf (Pune, IN) - a language-agnostic conference to discuss the best practices and future of Distributed Systems ⭐(April 24-26) RedisConf18 (San Francisco, CA) - The largest gathering of Redis users and experts. ⭐(April 27-28) ScaleConf Colombia (Medellin, Colombia) - a language-agnostic conference scalability, distributed systems, DevOps and modern software tools and practices.
⭐(March 8-11) SCALE (Los Angeles, CA) - SCaLE is the largest community-run open-source and free software conference in North America.
⭐(January 27-30) Applied Machine Learning Days (EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland) - Four days of talks and tutorials on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence with top speakers from around the world.
⭐(December 1 - 2) DevTernity (Riga, Latvia, EU) - DevTernity is the best and the biggest language-agnostic software development conference in the Baltic states.
⭐(October 29–November 3) LISA17 (San Francisco, CA) - A large Operations and Systems Engineering focused conference. Separate training and conferences days. ⭐(October 13-14)GDG DevFest Ukraine 2017 (Lviv, Ukraine) - The biggest Google tech conference in CEE. All about Android, Web, and Cloud. ⭐(October 4-6) GHC17 (Orlando, FL) - The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is the world's largest gathering of women technologists.
⭐(September 20-23) ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing (Atlanta, GA ) - The Tapia conference has always been a premier venue to acknowledge, to promote and to celebrate diversity in computing. ⭐(September 23-24) GDG DevFest Siberia (Novosibirsk, Russia) - DevFest Siberia is a part of the IT conference series around the world for developers, managers, students. It is organized by a non-profit community Google Developers Group.
- (July 6-7) AngularCamp (Barcelona, Spain) - AngularCamp is a collaborative community event for all people which are interested in coming together to share their recent work in a collaborative manner.
- (July 9-16) EuroPython (Rimini, Italy) - The European Python Conference.
- (June 1 - 2) RevolutionConf (Virginia Beach, VA) - RevolutionConf is a two-day, platform and language agnostic, software development conference in Virginia Beach, VA.
- (June 23-25) Data Intelligence Conference (McLean, VA) - The first machine learning gathering for the community using and developing machine learning and data intelligence.
- (May 2–4) Red Hat Summit (Boston, MA) - Red Hat Summit is for anyone interested in open source.
- (May 8-11) OpenStack Summit (Boston, MA) - The Open infrastructure event.
- (May 5) Stir Trek (Columbus, OH) - All the latest technology in web/mobile/ux/cloud, followed by "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" on its opening day with 2,000 of your closest friends.
- (May 5-6) CodeStock (Knoxville, TN) - CodeStock is a two-day technology conference for developers, IT professionals, and entrepreneurs. In 2017 it will host over 75 speakers presenting on over 100 topics that span the gamut from best practice enterprise software development to cutting edge web techniques to managing a technical entrepreneurial endeavor.
- (May 20-21) DEVit Web Conference (Thessaloniki, Greece) - Each year we meticulously vet and select remarkable speakers to deliver the best talks on web development. Whether it's Frontend, Backend, DevOps or Mobile that you care about, join us to learn about the most modern practices and techniques. A truly 360° conference! Organised by the most active, independent, non-profit, local organizations.
⭐(May 24-25) SIGNAL (San Francisco, CA) - Each talk, each session, each line of code at SIGNAL is designed to help you hone your craft. After learning with your peers & wielding new Twilio tools, celebrate at $bash - the after party that will transport you to The World's Fair of the Future.
- (March 9) DevConf (Johannesburg, South Africa) - You & 700 of your closet friends meet to discuss all things software dev
- (March 25) ScaleConf Colombia (Medellin, Colombia) - Connecting the Latin American region around scalability, DevOps and modern software tools and practices.
- (February 24 - 25) GopherCon India (Hyatt Regency, Nagar Road, Pune)
- (January 10 - 13) CodeMash (Sandusky, Ohio) - A unique event that will educate developers on current practices, methodologies, and technology trends in a variety of platforms and development languages such as Java, .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP.
- (November 28 - December 4) Techweek: Los Angeles - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (December 4 - 9) LISA16 (Boston, MA, USA) - USENIX LISA conference for IT operations, where systems engineers, operations professionals, and academic researchers share real-world knowledge about designing, building, and maintaining the critical systems of our interconnected world.
- (December 27 - 30) 33rd Chaos Communication Congress (Hamburg, Germany) - Annual conference organized by the Chaos Computer Club (Security, Cryptography, Privacy and online Freedom of Speech)
- (November 4 - 5) GopherCon Brasil (Florianópolis, SC, Brasil) - Brazil's largest event dedicated to Go.
- (November 7) EmpireNode (NY, New York) - NYC'S Largest community run Node.JS conference is back in office.
- (November 7 - 13) Techweek: Miami - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (November 7 - 8) Velocity (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) - web performance, DevOps, web ops sessions surrounding resilient web apps
- (November 11 - 12) SeaGL (Seattle, Washington, USA) - All things GNU/Linux and free/libre/open-source software/hardware. Diverse audience, from hobbyists and students to experts.
- (November 14 - 20) Techweek: Dallas - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (November 18) GothamGo (NY, New York) - GothamGo brings the best of the Go language to the East Coast.
- (November 31) JessConf (Jessie Island, Cowley Beach, Australia) - single day, two track conference run completely by the community
- (October 6 - 7) Fronteers (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) - One of Europe’s largest conferences on front-end web development.
- (October 6 - 8) Pixels Camp (Lisbon, Portugal) - 3 days of non-stop tech, talks, workshops and a 48 hour programming competition
- (October 10) dotGo (Paris, France) - The European Go conference
- (October 10 - 16) Techweek: New York - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (October 17 - 18) Polymer Summit 2016 (London) - Code labs and talks by the Polymer team
- (October 20 - 21) Little Rock Tech Fest 2016 (Little Rock, AR) - Two days of learning, networking and fun for web and software developers
- (October 22) Node.js Italian Conference (Italy) - 5th edition
- (October 25 - 28) SQL PASS Summit (Seattle, WA) - the world's largest gathering of SQL Server and BI professionals
- (October 25 - 28) OpenStack Summit (Barcelona, Spain) - A five-day conference for developers, users, and administrators of OpenStack Cloud Software
- (October 26 - 27) All Things Open (Raleigh, NC) - A conference exploring open source
- (October 27 - 28) Rust Belt Rust (Pittsburgh, PA) - a conference for all levels of Rust developers
- (October 28 - 29) WebCamp Zagreb 2016 (Zagreb, Croatia) - Technology oriented conference for developers & designers
- (October 28) Keep Ruby Weird 2016 (Austin, TX) - Austin's Ruby conference
- (September 9 - 10) RustConf (Portland, OR) - A day of trainings and a day of talks on the Rust programming language
- (September 9-10) GDG DevFest Ukraine 2016 (Ukraine, Lviv) - the biggest Google tech conference in Ukraine, all about Android, Web and Cloud from the world experts!
- (September 12 - 18) Techweek: Kansas City - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (September 15 - 16) SymfonyLive (London, UK) - best practices, experience, knowledge and the latest developments with the framework
- (September 13 - 15) GitHub Universe (San Francisco, CA) - open source software, community conference focusing on the future of development
- (September 15 - 18) Node.js Interactive: Europe (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - Node.js Interactive Europe 2016
💡(September 16 - 17) Droidcon Vienna (Vienna, Austria) - Droidcon Vienna will feature more than 20 sessions in three parallel tracks, with over fifteen hours of high-quality content.
- (September 17) RustFest (Berlin, Germany) - conference all about the Rust language
- (September 18 - 20) WriteTheDocs EU (Prague, Czech Republic) - Explore the art and science of documentation in Europe
- (September 22) Bytes (Brighton, England) - An affordable, web-industry focused mini-conference raising money for charities.
- (September 22) Droidcon Moscow (Moscow, Russia) - Droidcon Moscow is Android development conference.
- (September 22 - 25) EuroBSDCon (Belgrade, Serbian Republic) - the premier European conference on the open source BSD operating systems
- (September 29 - 30) Droidcon NYC (New York, USA) - Droidcon USA is Android development conference.
- (August 8 - 10) That Conference (Wisconsin Dells, WI) - Geek out on everything Mobile, Web & Cloud in over 15 sessions. All at a giant waterpark, so bring the family.
- (August 9 - 10) PDX DevOps Days (Portland, OR) - "The conference that brings development and operations together."
- (August 12 - 14) Code on the Beach (Atlantic Beach, Florida) - Developer conference at a resort on the beach
- (August 18 - 19) HybridConf (Berlin, Germany) - a conference for all kinds of creators
- (August 18 - 20) Abstractions (Pittsburgh, PA) - Abstractions is a new conference that brings together everyone involved in modern software development — designers, developers, DevOps, and community leaders — to teach, learn, and connect with each other.
- (August 25 - 26) React Rally (Salt Lake City, UT) - a community React conference
- (August 26) CloudDevelop (Columbus, OH) - a community conference focusing on the advancement of cloud computing.
- (August 26) AndroidSummit (McLean, VA, USA) - Android Summit 2016 is a two-day, multi-track event focused on designing, developing and testing for Android.
- (July 10 - 12) .NET Fringe (Portland, OR) - .NET and Open Source
- (July 11 - 13) GopherCon (Denver, CO) - Largest event in the world dedicated to the Go programming language
- (July 15 - 16) Codestock (Knoxville, TN) - Independent community driven developer conference.
- (July 17 - 24) EuroPython (Bilbao, Spain) - the largest Python conference in Europe
- (July 18 - 20) DjangoCon (Philadelphia, PA) - Django conference for the community by the community
- (July 22 - 23) Open Source & Feelings (Seattle, WA) - the intersection between software and humanities, as well as community engagement
- (July 30) npm.camp (Oakland, CA) - a community conference for all things npm
- (July 25 - 31) Techweek: Toronto - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (July 29) ForwardJS (San Francisco, CA) - Web Technology Summit
- (June 6 - 10) NDC Oslo (Oslo, Norway) - NDC Oslo 2016 will once again be held at the Oslo Spektrum in the heart of Oslo.
- (June 7 - 9) dotnet Conf (Virtual) - Learn to develope across multiple platforms with .NET! This includes .NET Core, Roslyn, Visual Studio, Xamarin, and more!
- (June 8 - 11) BSDCan (Ottawa, Canada) - 4.4BSD based operating systems and related projects
- (June 9 - 10) GeekOut (Tallinn, Estonia) - Everything around the Java and JVM's ecosystem
- (June 20 - 26) Techweek: Chicago - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (June 22 - 24) KCDC (Kansas City, MO) - Multi-track event that covers all aspects of software development, design and project management.
- (June 27 - 28) Wicked Good Ember (Thompson Island, Boston) - A two-day, one track Ember.js conference held on Thompson Island in Boston, Massachusetts
- (June 30 - July 2) PolyConf (Poznan, PL) - Advanced technologies for programmers interested in polyglot programming
- (May 2 - 8) Techweek: Detroit - The nation's leading technology conference and festival - showcasing entrepreneurship and innovation.
- (May 4 - 6) RailsConf (Kansas City, KS) - Rails and Ruby, with other related frameworks
- (May 4 - 6) NG-Conf (Salt Lake City, Utah) - Angular JS conference
- (May 5) Stir Trek (Columbus, OH) - All the latest technology in web/mobile/ux/cloud, followed by a movie on opening day.
- (May 11 - 13) GeeCON (Kraków, Poland) - Everything around the JVM's ecosystem
- (May 16 - 19) Open Source Convention (OSCON) (Austin, TX) - Discussion around free and open source software
- (May 20) DEVit Conference (Thessaloniki, Greece) - A 360° world-class software development conference about Frontend, Backend, DevOps and Mobile, organised by the most active, independent, non-profit, local organizations
- (May 20 - 22) JandBeyond (JAB) (Barcelona, Spain) - Joomla! Developer and Sitebuilder Conference
- (May 22 - 24) WriteTheDocs NA (Portland, OR) - Explore the art and science of documentation
- (May 26 - 28) Moonconf (Boulder, CO) - A celebration of functional programming and community
- (May 27) Upfront 2016 (Manchester, UK) - a frontend conference for web developers
- (May 28 - June 5) PyCon (Portland, OR) - By the Python community for the Python community
- (April 1) Fronteers (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - single-day front-end conference
- (April 4 - 6) An Event Apart (Seattle, Washington) - Learning session for passionate practitioners of standards-based web design
- (April 5 - 6) SmashingConf (San Francisco, California) - Practical insights, tips, tricks and techniques
- (April 6 - 8) Le Web a Quebec (Quebec, Canada)
- (April 7) WebVisions (New York City, New York) - The future of the web
- (April 15 - 16) JSConf (Montevideo, Uruguay)
- (April 16) DevRelCon (San Francisco, CA) - 1 day conference for evangelists, dev advocates, and developer relations
- (April 22) dotSecurity (Paris, France) - The Security Conference for Developers
- (April 25 - 29) OpenStack Summit (Austin, TX) - A five-day conference for developers, users, and administrators of OpenStack Cloud Software
- (April 30) NoVA Code Camp 2016 (Reston, Virginia, US) - By Developers, For Developers
- (March 28 – 30) EmberConf (Portland, Oregon) - The flagship event of the Ember community
This list needs the participation of the community. Know of an upcoming tech conference? Fork the repo, make the addition, and create a pull request to add it to the list. Don't have time to fork and create a pull request? Create an issue and somebody will add it!
- :star: (<date>) <conference-name-with-link> (<location>) - <short-conference-description>
💡add a ⭐emoji for newly added conferences so that frequent visitors can see what's new. After, say, a week I'll clear that star to keep it consistent.