A simple, secure door entry/open counter.
Still in the planning phase.
- Make a basic, cost-effective counter
- Use an easy platform (this project will be used to teach)
- Support one doorway and a tamper switch, or two doorways
- Support proper security open/close/tamper/short loop
- Configurable ability to modify or reset the counter
- Indicate power on time, last tamper/short, last open
- All indications on inexpensive LCD display
- Directly mounts to common 16x2 character display or 1.8" Color LCD
- PCB design allows for destroying debugging interfaces
- 4-layer PCB, in cheap fab size, to bury any programming / debugging traces
What is this useful for?
Some potential uses of this project include:
- Secure doors or closets with internal access logs
- Door entry audible alarm
- Generic upcounter for anything one might use one for