Here's v5.0.20, bringing you some fixes and a notable dependency removal.
With all the recent internal improvements and code style updates, we've surfaced a number of bugs. Thanks to everyone who reported these and helped us to get to the bottom of each!
Check the full changelog for the full list, but a couple things to note about the fixes:
- Truffle's saving of JSON artifacts was broken, but now it is not! This release includes a fix for #2048; the only work-around was deleting
truffle testno longer fails for projects that don't use the migrations system (no more
Now, the dependency update: Truffle no longer depends on the solc NPM package. This package dependency has required dedicated effort to maintain over the years, and recently has been causing problems for users on different platforms. Since Truffle has its own system for fetching/using whatever version of solc you want (see config docs), it's safe to remove this dependency and use the "obtain solc" behavior by default.
This includes updating the default version of Solidity to v0.5.8, but apart from that, there should be no material user impact. If you're curious about the reasoning or the specifics of what this change entails, please check out issue #2034!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy this release.
How to Upgrade
We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Truffle by running:
npm uninstall -g truffle npm install -g truffle
- Don't fail when running tests without any migrations (#2056 by @eggplantzzz)
- Add partial support in ABI spec for missing
tupletype (#2064 by @seesemichaelj)
- Account for exceptional halts from normal halting instructions (#2062 by @haltman-at)
- Include source contents in Vyper compilation output (#2053 by @fainashalts)
- Store code returned by creation calls (#2052 by @haltman-at)
- Appropriately assign & merge artifact properties (#2049 by @CruzMolina)