Hi everyone! Got a jam-packed release for you today.
First of all, this release includes a major update to the truffle-debugger library with some breaking changes. We've split up the changes to the debugger into its own release notes, so go check those out to learn about all the great improvements we've been making to the debugging experience!
This release also brings a handful of neat enhancements and fixes for some nasty bugs. We've added a feature that pre-downloads the latest solc-js for those of you using a specified version, so you won't need internet access the first time you compile. You can also tell Truffle to download solc directly with the new
truffle obtain --solc=<version> command. Besides that, we've fixed a problem that required using outdated syntax for
One change you'll be sure to notice is the new compiler output. Since making migrations look nicer for v5, we've been looking to add a fresh coat of paint to other parts of the code. We've also added compiler version info in the output (thanks @ferittuncer for the suggestion)! Check it out:
(Don't mind the CRT scan lines...)
How to Upgrade
We hope you enjoy this release! As always, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Truffle by running:
npm uninstall -g truffle npm install -g truffle
Problems or Concerns?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us! In addition to our existing community support Gitter channel, we've started a NEW
The following changes would not have happened without your support, tender encouragement, and excellent bug-finding abilities. Thank you all!
- Fetch solc-js to compiler settings cache on Truffle install (#1715 by @eggplantzzz)
- Finalize syntax for
truffle obtain --solc=<semver>command (#1771 by @eggplantzzz)
- Include box name for
truffle unboxcommand in analytics (#1732 by @fainashalts)
truffle compileoutput (#1748 by @eggplantzzz)
truffle developconfigurability (#1773 by @CruzMolina)
- Use Ganache's network ID (5777) in
truffle developfor MetaMask compatibility (#1775 by @CruzMolina)
- Fix empty networks object in Migrations.json artifact (#1743 by @honestbonsai)
- Fix compilation profiler (#1756 by @eggplantzzz)
- Display missing values for indexed event parameters in test output (#1767 by @simonDos)
- Use only contract name for resolver intercept cache (#1763 by @gnidan)
- Remove leading path information in exceptions reported to analytics (#1731 by @fainashalts)
- Fix missing callback linkage (#1782 by @gnidan)
- Reduce output when compilation is up to date already (#1783 by @eggplantzzz)