ProvStore Backup and Upload Scripts
- provstore-backup.py script: to download a copy of your provenance documents on ProvStore.
- provstore-upload.py script: to upload your backup documents back to the new ProvStore.
--help option to check the required parameters to use the above
- Find or create your API key at Southampton ProvStore: https://provenance.ecs.soton.ac.uk/store/account/developer/
- Download your documents by running the provstore-backup.py script with your username and API key.
Your documents will be saved in the PROV-JSON representation.
./provstore-backup.py <username> <api_key>
Optionally, you can also specify the path where the downloaded documents will
be stored with
-p <path>. The script will save a
meta.csv file to store the
documents' metadata along with the documents.
- Find or create your API key at the new ProvStore: https://openprovenance.org/store/account/developer/
- Upload your documents by running the provstore-upload.py script with your username and API key.
The script expects to find the
./provstore-upload.py <username> <api_key>
meta.csvfile previously created by the backup script above in the current working folder. You can also specify a different path to the folder containing the downloaded documents with
You can interrupt the upload script at any time. The script keeps the status of the current upload in a
status.csv file so it can resume the uploading from where it was stopped.
If you encounter an issue using the scripts above, try to rerun them with the debug option
-d to see what the issue is.
Copyright © 2018 Trung Dong Huynh.