Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
We are pleased to announce that the latest and greatest OnlyKey software is now available! This release includes a new, easier to use desktop app for Windows/Mac/Linux to be used in conjunction with the latest OnlyKey firmware. With this release, we have made OnlyKey easier to use and more secure.
In order to get started trying out the new OnlyKey features, follow our firmware upgrade guide.
The app is configured by default to launch automatically after you login to your OS and to check for updates each time it's launched. Both settings can be toggled on/off in the [Settings] menu. Please note that if you disable the "Autostart on login" setting (and you do not have the Chrome app installed) your OnlyKey will not have the correct time set and will be unable to perform 2FA functions.
This release includes a lot of improvements. Most notably, after upgrading your OnlyKey, you can load future updates directly in the app without the need to backup and restore!
Here is the short list of other major improvements in this release:
- Better touch sense on OnlyKey buttons using automatic touch sense calibration.
- Backup Passphrase support - Backup’s may be securely encrypted with a passphrase.
- Two profile support - By setting two PINs you can have two profiles to store up to 24 accounts.
- Automatic firmware and app update notifications - The OnlyKey app can now let you know when there are updates available.
- Seamless firmware upgrades - Signed firmware can now be loaded directly through the app without wiping account data (thanks to our new blockchain bootloader).
- Better FIDO U2F support
As we move forward, we aim to add additional new features in late 2018 / early 2019, including:
- FIDO 2.0 support
- HMACSHA1 support - For KeePass
- Full OpenPGP/GPG support (currently supported using https://apps.crp.to)