Face recognition using dlib
This code started out as as a cut and paste from the following sources:
- Install dlib: https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2017/03/27/how-to-install-dlib
- Download dlib models: http://dlib.net/files
- Download opencv classifiers: https://github.com/opencv/opencv/blob/master/data/haarcascades
- Get hold of some images of people you want to recognize. One file per person will do. Name the file after the person.
- Configure faces_folder_path in source. Run with python3.
See folder experiments. In chronological order:
- _raw: first attempt
- _dual: uses both opencv and dlib face-detection
- _faster: A relatively fast implementation using opencv for face detection (and dlib for face recognition)
- _refactor: Last attempt to tidy up