Zoom and Follow
Have you ever needed to zoom in on your screen to show some fine detail work, or to make your large 4k/ultrawide monitor appear less daunting on stream? Zoom and Follow for OBS Studio does exactly that, zooms in on your mouse and follows it around. Configurable and low-impact, you can now do old school Camtasia zoom live!
Maintained for the current release version of OBS
Install Python 3 (3.6.x for OBS version <28 for Windows and Mac OS, any Python 3 for OBS version 28+)
Make sure that you configure the correct version of Python within OBS in the "Scripts" window > "Python Settings" tab
Be sure to install to the Python version that OBS is using.
zoom_and_follow_mouse.pyas an OBS script
How to Use
- Setup a hotkey for Enable/Disable Mouse Zoom
- Setup a hotkey for Enable/Disable Mouse Follow
- Select a source to zoom into as part of the script settings
- Configure the size of the zoom window
- Edit the bounding box settings for the source in it's "Edit Transform" menu, usually to Stretch to inner bounds and your canvas size
- Use Zoom hotkey to zoom in to the source
Set up zoom control for multiple sources
Duplicate (and optionally rename)
zoom_and_follow_mouse.py, add it as an OBS script, and follow the How to Use section with the duplicate copy.
- Automatically setup transform bounding box
- Only track windows/games when they are the active window