This is the template I use on my new applications. It’s very specifically geared for the tools I use, and includes some of my coding idioms. The gold directory is a great example of what an app created with this template will end up looking like.
- Authentication via Authlogic,
- Streamlined user registration initially requiring just email address
- User confirmation/activation
.gems manifest and automatic app creation.
This template will create a new, free, heroku app automatically. BEWARE
- Inherited Resources
- Blueprint CSS framework
- Shoulda test suite and extra macros
- Formtastic (with validation reflection plugin)
- Blue Ridge JS testing framework
It’s a good idea to have some info handy, including:
- The hoptoad key for the new project
- A gmail email address and password for configuring outgoing email
- The S3 key and secret for paperclip avatars
Once you’ve got that, run:
rails myapp -m http://github.com/tsaleh/bushido/raw/master/template.rb
You can also supply the configuration values on the commandline:
rails myapp -m http://github.com/tsaleh/bushido/raw/master/template.rb -- --s3_key=foo
Note the extra ‘—’ in there, which must come before the rest of the options. The supported options are:
AGAIN: This template will create a new, free, heroku app automatically.