DEVEN is script to set up my development environment on OS X
This project is heavily influenced by the work done on thoughtbot's laptop project. You can find more information on this project here.
- Install a C compiler.
Use OS X GCC Installer for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Use Command Line Tools for XCode for Lion (OS X 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
- Run the install command below.
Read and then run the script
zsh <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tschmidt/deven/master/build)
What is sets up
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries on OS X
- ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
- PostgreSQL for storing relational data
- rbenv for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
- Ruby Build for installing different Rubies
- The Silver Searcher for finding things in files
Deven is maintained by Terry Schmidt.