The Secret Sauce Project
The aim of the Secret Sauce project is to automatically reverse engineer studio sounds, with a focus on guitar effects and synthesizers. Give the model a reference sound, and it will tell you how to reproduce it.
More details here
- midi-utils: tools to generate random MIDI patches and tracks
- audio-utils: basic post-processing for generated audio tracks
- synth-config: JSON description of MIDI mappings and value ranges
- data: meta-data used for sound generation
- models: Jupyter notebooks for the experiments described in the blog post
Sound generation relies on the libraries
mido for MIDI and
sox for audio.
The models require
pandas and the great