This GitBook holds my publicly-shareable notes.
🛬 Landing Page
About Mingyang Li
I'm building internal tools for anomaly detection at YouTube.
- While at Penn, I worked at Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) as a research associate. There, I built pipelines for parsing SEC filings into sectionized plain text.
- In my master's thesis and several other publications, I compared people's perceptions of Emojis and (im-)politeness strategies across countries. These papers were completed under the World Well-Being Project (WWBP), Positive Psychology Center (PPC) of Penn.
Countries that I have stayed for...
- at least a year: Canada, US, and China.
- almost a month: Japan and UK.
- more than a week: Germany and India.
- less than a day: Qatar and Switzerland.