Expo Ride Hailing Application
This is an incredibly simple "ride hailing application" built with Expo and Sockets. The app allows the passenger to search for a destination and request a ride followed by the driver accepting the ride and getting directions to the pick up location.
- Clone this repository with
git clone https://github.com/tsnolan23/expo-ride-hailing.git
- Change into the repo directory with
- Install dependencies with
- Rename the
- Specify values for the Google API key and the IP address*
- Start up the simple socket server with
yarn run start:server
- Start up the expo server with
* These values are required for the map searches and socket server to work with Expo running on your devices
Drivers can search for potential rides, view the route to get to the passenger, accept the ride, and then have navigation begin to pick them up.
- Open the app using the Expo Client on your device
Driverfrom the main screen
- Once a passenger requests a ride, a route will be planned to pick them up
- Accept the ride to start navigation
Passengers can search for a destination, see a route defined on a map, and see the driver's current location when the ride is accepted.
- Open the app up using the Expo Client on your device
Passengerfrom the main screen
- Search and select a destination
- View the planned route on a map
- Request a ride
- Once the driver has accepted the ride, you will see the car icon appear
Very loosely based on a Udemy Course, but with a complete refactor to use Expo and improve the overall code quality.