Hubot scripts for Visual Studio Online
A collection of Hubot scripts to perform tasks in Visual Studio Online.
Hubot scripts for Visual Studio Online provides many commands to perform tasks in Visual Studio Online.
The scripts can run in two modes
- Trusted mode: the tasks against Visual Studio Online are performed using the same account
- Impersonate mode: the tasks against Visual Studio Online are perfomed on behalf of the user issuing the command. In this mode the user has to explicitly authorize hubot
To install, in your Hubot instance directory
npm install hubot-vso-scripts
Include the package in your hubot's external-scripts.json
Upgrade from 0.2.5 or previous version
If you are using impersonate mode (OAuth), you will need to re-register your application on Visual Studio Online.
This is needed, because version 1.0 has introduced a more granular scope and we now request less permissions
You will need to register the application with the following permissions
- Work items (read and write)
- Build (read and execute)
- Code (read)
Then you need to update you environment variables with your app id and your app secret (authorize URL stays the same)
The scripts will automatically detect the situation and ask the users to (re) authorize hubot scripts.
The required environment variables are
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_ACCOUNT - The Visual Studio Online account's name
Message replies are by default sent in plaintext, but if your adapter is capable of receiving messanges in other format you can configure the scripts to use a different formatting
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_REPLY_FORMAT The formatting of replies. You can use plaintext,html or markdown
In trust mode we need to set the alternate credentials of the user who will perform the tasks
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_USERNAME: The alternate credentials username
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_PASSWORD: The alternate credentials password
In impersonate we need to set the variables defined in the application registered in Visual Studio Online (Click here to know how to register an application in Visual Studio Online
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_APP_ID: The application ID
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_APP_SECRET: The application secret
- HUBOT_VSONLINE_AUTHORIZATION_CALLBACK_URL: The OAuth callback URL. This URL must be available from the chat service you're using