An Android application for Hacker News that I'm developing in my spare time.
- View trending Hacker News articles.
- View comment threads on articles.
- Share articles comments and links
- View user profiles
TODO (loosely ordered)
- Load more than the first 15 items in the list (infinite scolling)
- Display items in the actual order HN is giving them
- Allow user to display items in different sort orders (by most score, most comments, most recent, etc.)
- Parse and display comment threads
- Improve UI elements in the drawer and improve list item design.
- Add caching for stories when switching between lists
- Bookmark / Save feature?
- Seen / Already read feature?
- Support for multiple themes
- Improve behavior / usage of in-app webview.
I've been developing Android apps for some time but don't have any open source ones I can show off. This project aims to fix that. I'm shooting for excellence in design and architecture here, while leveraging the ability to start from scratch and make something great using all of the latest & greatest tools and libraries.