- ... opaque. It does not expose WebGL, but rather aims to wrap it in a straightforward way.
- ... thin. Many Gladder classes are direct equivalents of WebGL constructs.
- ... light. It has no dependencies, other than WebGL itself.
- ... flexible. It tries to make as few assumptions about your application as possible.
- ... unobtrusive. It does not change default behaviour of anything.
- ... cross-browser. It abstracts away browser differences.
Gladder is not...
- ... a scene graph. You can build your own on top of it, if you like.
- ... a 3D library. It does not know anything about model loading, for example.
- ... a game engine. You'll have to write your own input handling, sound, physics, etcetera.