A collection of bookmarks, resources, articles for product designers.
Digital product design is an iterative design process to solve a functional problem with a formal solution. A digital product designer identifies a real problem, offers the best possible solution, and launch it to a market that is showing demand for that particular solution.
Feel free to add something interesting by pull request.
- Smashing Magazine - The UX Research Plan That Stakeholders Love.
- NN Group - Project Management for User Research: The Plan.
- Interaction Design - One Page User Research Plan.
- NN Group - Despite many weaknesses, interviews are a valuable method for exploratory user research.
- UXDesign.cc - How to Get the Most Out of User Interviews.
- Boxes and Arrows - Cheat Sheet For Interviewing Stakeholders.
- UX Apprentice - Stakeholder Interview Template.
- Interaction Design - Preparing for UX Stakeholder Interviews.
- UX Movement - How to Turn User Research into Usable Data.
- SlideShare - Design Research Synthesis.
- Medium - Using Trello for User Research Synthesis.
- Tuts+ - How to Prepare and Use an Affinity Diagram.
- Medium - Affinity Diagrams: Tips and Tricks.
- Xtensio - How To: Create A Competitive Analysis.
- Hootsuite - Competitive Analysis Template To Help You Outsmart The Competition.
Job to be Done
- Intercom - Designing features using Job Stories.
- JTBD - Replacing The User Story With The Job Story.
- Usability.Gov - The purpose of personas is to create reliable and realistic representations of your key audience.
- UX Mag - Personas: The Foundation of a Great User Experience.
- Tuts+ - Defining And Applying Personas to UX Design.
- UX Pin - The Practical Guide to Empathy Maps: 10-Minute User Personas.
- Boagworld - Adapting empathy maps for UX design.
- UX Magazine - Storyboarding in the Software Design Process.
- Medium - Storyboarding in UX Design.
- NN Group - When and How to Create Customer Journey Maps.
- UX Lady - Experience maps, user journeys and more.
- Smashing Magazine - All You Need To Know About Customer Journey Mapping.
- Medium - How to build an experience map.
- Smashing Magazine - The Rainbow Spreadsheet: A Collaborative Lean UX Research Tool.
- Coglode - Bite-size behavioral research analysis.
- User Testing - Unlock customer insights and increase your revenue.
- Optimal Workshop - User Research Platform that helps you and your team make design decisions with confidence.
- Measure Success - How Do You Measure the Success (or Failure) - of Your UX Design?.
- Lookback - Simple, powerful user research.
- Full Story - What do you want to know about your customer experience?.
- Desinion - Make smart and informed design decisions for your company, or your client's company.
- Survey Monkey - Turn instincts into insights.
- Etnio - Intercept Real People for User Research.
- The UX Bookmark - Collection of the best UX websites from across the globe.
- Gov.Uk - Helping government teams create and run great digital services.
- Methods 18F - Collection of tools to bring human-centered design into your project.
- Guides 18F - 18F Guides is the repository for best practices across our teams.
- Usability.Gov - Improving the User Experience.
- Medial Lab Amsterdam - Design method toolkit.
- Design Kit IDEO - Step-by-step guide to unleashing your creativity.
- Gamestorming - Gamestorming is a set of co-creation tools used by innovators around the world.
- UX Magazine - UX Magazine is a free community resource exploring all facets of experience design.
- UX Both - The UX Booth is a publication by and for the user experience community.
- UX Mastery - We help user experience professionals get started and get better.
- UX Myths - Build your product based on evidence, not false beliefs.
- A List Apart - List Apart explores the design, development, and meaning of web content.
- 52 Weeks of UX - Discourse on the process of designing for real people.
- UX Pin - Guides, articles and ebooks that explore all facets of UX Design.
- The IxD Library - Collection of materials related to Interaction Design.
- LukeW - Publications on the critical details and big picture behind digital product design.
- NN Group - Evidence-Based User Experience Research, Training, and Consulting.
- Information Design - InfoDesign Hand-picked since 1997.
- Intercom - Design, Customer Success, & Startup Blog.
- UXDesign.cc - User Experience, Usability, Product Design. Follow the UXDesign.cc.
- UX Reactions - Fun stuff.
- UX Recipe - This project is a personal manifesto against the objectification of the term "UX".
- UX Checklist - UX Project Checklist.
- UX Stackexchange - UX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site.
- Ant Design - An UI design language for enterprise applications.
- iOS Guidelines - Get in-depth information and UI resources for designing great apps that integrate seamlessly with Apple platforms.
- Google Material - Material Design is a unified system that combines theory, resources, and tools for crafting digital experiences.
- Google Design - Google Design is a cooperative effort led by a group of designers, writers, and developers at Google.
- Facebook Design - Collection of articles, videos, and resources made by designers at Facebook.
- UsTwo - Pixel Perfect Precision Handbook 3.
- Vinsol - Tips for Designers: from a Developer.
- Pttrns - The mother of all design resources.
- Call To Idea - Light up your imagination!.
- Android Niceties - Aiming to provide inspiration and insight into Android UI conventions.
- Lovely UI - Collection of mobile UI elements.
- Brian Lovin - Visual exploration of the best products.
- Inspired UI - iOS Mobile Apps Design Patterns.
- Sloppy UI - It's all about intellectual honesty, not trolling.
- Pattern Lab - Create atomic design systems with Pattern Lab.
- Huge - Tool to make creating and maintaining styleguides easy.
- Figma Bootstrap 5 UI Kit - UI Kit comprising 300+ organized Bootstrap 5 components built with atomic design system & auto layout.
- Sketch Bootstrap 5 UI Kit - UI Kit comprising 300+ organized Bootstrap 5 components built with atomic design system & smart layout.
- Design Principles FTW - The biggest collection of Design Principles on the Internet.
- Awesome Design Systems - Curated list of design systems, patterns libraries, and everything in between.
- Awesome Sketch - Curated list of awesome Sketch videos, articles, plugins, whatever, for designers, developers, or neither.
- Use Iconic - Meet Iconic. The definitive icon set designed for the modern web.
- Icon Finder - Search through 1,739,045 icons or browse 42,226 icon sets.
- We Love Icon Font - This is a free & open source icon fonts hosting service.
- The Noun Project - Icons for everything.
- Iconmonstr - Discover 3847+ free simple icons in 263 collections.
- Open Foundry - New platform for open-source fonts in a noise-free environment.
- Use & Modify - Provide a contemporary set of fonts distributed under libre or open source licences, hand picked by a typography and free culture lover.
- Font Fabric - Fontfabric is an independent type foundry.
- Font Squirrel - Free Font Utopia.
- Play Type - Browse through our selection of more than a hundred fonts and nearly 500 different font weights.
- Identyfont - Identify a font by answering questions about key features.
- NN Group - Typography Terms Cheat Sheet.
- Coolors - The super fast color schemes generator!.
- Colour Lovers - Creative community.
- Color Hunt - Color Hunt is a social platform for everyone who love colors.
- Brand Colors - 1100+ color collection available in sass, less, stylus and css.
- Unsplash - Free (do whatever you want) - high-resolution photos.
- StockSnap - Hundreds of high resolution images added weekly.
- Pixbay - Free images and videos you can use anywhere.
- Jay Mantry - Free pics (CC0).
- Get Refe - Royalty-free, high-quality, Real Life photos.
- ISO Republic - ISO Republic provides free stock photos for creative professionals.
- All The Free Stock - Get all the Free Stock Images, Videos, Music and Icons in one location.
- Pexels - Free stock images in a range of styles including filtered, natural, and commercial.
- unDraw - Open-source illustrations for every project you can imagine and create.
- Vimeo - Royalty Free Stock Video for Free Personal, Corporate or Commercial Use.
- Polarr - Photo Editor.
- Licecap - Simple animated screen captures.
- Hand Brake - HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- The 12 Principles - The 12 basic principles of animation were developed by the ‘old men’ of Walt Disney Studios.
- Hoverstat - The home of alternative digital design.
- Microinteractions - Designing with Details.
- Motion UI Design - Resources for inspiration, lists of software, libraries and other stuff related to Motion UI design, animations and transitions.
- Pop - POP helps you transform your pen and paper ideas into an interactive iPhone or Android prototype.
- Invision - The world's leading prototyping, collaboration & workflow platform.
- Marvel - Simple design, prototyping and collaboration.
- Flinto - Flinto lets designers quickly make interactive prototypes of their mobile, desktop, or web apps.
- Origami Studio - Explore, iterate, and test your ideas.
- Framer - All-in-one design workflow.
- Proto - Create fully-interactive high-fidelity prototypes that look and work exactly like your app should. No coding required.
- ProtoPie - ProtoPie is the easiest prototyping tool to build advanced, highly interactive prototypes.
- Lottie - Easily add high-quality animation to any native app.
- Keynotopia - Keynotopia transforms Keynote and PowerPoint into the best rapid prototyping tools for creating mobile, web and desktop UI mockups.
- Gov.Uk - Making your service accessible: an introduction.
- Smashing Magazine - Color Contrast And Why You Should Rethink It.
- Medium - Accessibility for designers. Mind your RGBs.
- Web Credible - Visual design and color accessibility.
- A List Apart - Easy Color Contrast Testing.
- WAVE - Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool.
- Contrast Ratio - A tool to calculate the contrast ratio between any two valid CSS colors.
- Snook - Colour Contrast Check.
- Google trends - Stories trending now.
- Google Ngram - Enter phrases into the Google Books Ngram Viewer, it displays a graph showing how those phrases have occurred in a corpus of books.
- Hemingway - Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear.
- Readable - You have 7 seconds to grab someone's attention. Readable.io helps you cut out the noise.
- The Writer - How readable is your writing?.
- Taskade - Collaborative editor and outliner.
- London Datastore - The London Datastore is a free and open data-sharing portal.
- YouGov - We believe in the power of participation.
- Data.Gov - Find data published by government departments and agencies, public bodies and local authorities.
- The Tate Collection - Here we present the metadata for around 70,000 artworks.
- NASA - We're Setting Data, Code and APIs free.
- IoT Weekly News - Subscribe to hand picked articles by Justin Grammens on the Internet of Things.
- IoT Agenda - Design an IoT user experience, not an IoT product.
- IoT For All - Designing the Internet of Things – 5 Key Principles.
- Node RED - Low-based programming for the Internet of Things.