Toronto, ON, Canada
- e-mail: email@example.com
- twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ttvd
- github: http://www.github.com/ttvd
- keybase: http://keybase.io/ttvd
- linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/mkonyk
- C++, C, Objective C.
- Erlang, Elixir, Haskell, Scheme and Lisp.
- GPU Programming: OpenCL, NVIDIA Cg, GLSL, ARB/NV ASM, GLSL ES.
- Mac OS X OpenGL debugging and profiling, GLSL and ARB/NV ASM debugging, profiling and optimization.
- Knowledge of frameworks, SDKs, engines and libraries: boost, STL, NVIDIA PhysX, Bullet, Intel Havok, Qt, MFC, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Cocoa, Windows API, Direct3D 9 and HLSL (SM 3.0), LLVM, Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Engine 4, Houdini Engine (HAPI), Houdini Development Kit (HDK), Luxology Modo.
- Experience using Git, Mercurial, Subversion, Perforce and CMake.
English, Ukrainian, basic ASL and Russian.
11 / 12 GPA.
My thesis project was a collaboration between bioinformatics and computer science departments. I wrote a modular cell simulation framework (using C++ and Qt framework), which allowed students to create their own plugins in order to simulate biological cells at required level of granularity. An example plugin based on full 3D physics simulation (rigid body simulation using NVidia PhysX physics library) was also created.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Statistics), National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine, June 2003.
- Chemical Knowledge for the Semantic Web, DILS 2008, Mykola Konyk, Alexander De Leon, Michel Dumontier
- Technical Artist Bootcamp: Procedural Islands of 'Dauntless', GDC Vault Video, Game Developers Conference 2018, Michael Trottier, Mykola Konyk
Phoenix Labs, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Senior Programmer, May 2016 - Present.
- Work on Dauntless
- Unreal Engine 4, Houdini / Houdini Engine / Houdini HDK
Side Effects Software, Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada, 3D Software Developer, April 2014 - May 2016.
TransGaming, Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada, Graphics Developer, April 2013 - April 2014.
Graphics and Portability Group. Worked on TransGaming / NVIDIA Cider and TransGaming / Google SwiftShader technology. One of engineers responsible for maintaining and doing R&D work for graphics and shader translation layer in Cider (GL, D3D9, GLSL and NV/ARB ASM). OpenGL and shader debugging, profiling and optimization.
- Work on TransGaming / NVIDIA Cider, Source: GitHub
- Work on TransGaming / Google SwiftShader, Source: Google Source
Participated in porting (and supporting existing ports) of following titles to Mac OS X:
WayForward Technologies, Inc., Game Engine Programmer, September 2012 - March 2013.
Worked on internal tools (models and materials). Worked on optimizing DXT texture compression tools for cartoon and hand drawn game art. Worked on porting existing PhysX engine physics system to Intel Havok and Bullet in WayForward’s game engine.
Self Employed, Software Engineer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, January 2012 - August 2012.
Participated in several subcontract projects requested by a company specializing in green home heating solutions. Work involved developing mobile applications to control and monitor home heating systems (both IOS and Android). This work involved using Objective C and Java. Applications communicated with the heating controller via bluetooth and wifi ad-hoc protocols.
Exocortex Technologies, Inc., Ottawa, ON, Canada, Software Engineer, October 2011-December 2011.
Worked on in-house build system, source control and continuous integration system. Porting Windows products to Linux (Maya and Softimage plug-ins).
ITV Ltd., Kyiv, Ukraine, Programmer, September 2004 - May 2011, Concurrent with Education.
Participated in a number of contract jobs. Work involved developing and integrating in-house tools (using C, C++, boost, Qt framework, Ruby and several Ruby web frameworks).
My work involved designing UI tools for configuration and report generation (both standalone application and web-based). Most of this work was done in parallel with my education (both undergraduate and graduate level). The company specializes in producing access control equipment (readers, access control panels) as well as software (for monitoring, configuration and report generation purposes).
United Nations Office on Drug and Crime, Kyiv, Ukraine, Head designer/programmer, June 2003 - December 2003.
'Evaluation of effectiveness of drug addiction rehabilitation programme in Ukraine' project, supported by United Nations Office on Drug and Crime, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Responsible for system design and implementation of drug and alcohol addiction testing software. A distributed system (GUI Client and SQL based server application) was created. All programming was done in Visual C++ using MFC.
GSC Game World, Kyiv, Ukraine, Game Engine Programmer, 2002-2003.
Firestarter - First person shooter, tools, AI and core engine work.