This is an idea that came up during a break at a daylong session at Lone Star Ruby Conference and I quick registered the domain name. I thought it would be fun to find people who are willing to pair program in your area. So this is this start of such a project. Hopefully I can find others to help me with it and get it going (and keep me on it).
- Page where Developers can login and make a profile, including the following:
- twitter, linked in profiles, github
- areas of code you like (tests, views, database, etc)
- city, state (optional)
- prefer in-person or online pair programming
- link to coderwall
- Page to search/browse people similar to you
- Comment on profile (talk positively how it was to pair with that person)
- Maybe a reward system (stars? rubyies?) that people can award someone who was helpful. Maybe sponsors can offer prizes.
Get up and running
- Fork the repo It's just this easy
- Clone your shiny new repo
git clone email@example.com:username/rubypair.git
- Get you some bundler
gem install bundler
- Get you some gems
- Copy the example config file into the config directory
cp config/examples/app_config.yml config/
- Register your application (This makes authentication work) Register Here!
- Main URL for development may vary some but mine is
http://localhost:3000since I just use Webrick
- Callback URL is
http://localhost:3000/auth/githubadjust your accordingly.
- There is no 7! You should be ready to hack.