Code for America
help civic hackers colaborate
- user - civic hacker (developers, designers, etc)
- brigade - group of users
- app - code that already exists (http://marketplace.civiccommons.org/). Users will choose an app from the application and deploy it locally as needed. Refers to an existing github project. These will be prededfined by CFM staff.
- For example: An app was created in Boston to track fire hydrants due to the possiblity of them being covered by snow during bad storms. This code base is already publically available. A group of civic hackers could come in and claim the app to deploy locally (ie - Norfolk to use app for identifying fire hydrants but identifying something else).
Goals of project
- find a project they want to work on
- commit to the project
- provide a description of their skill set
- receive all the info of stuff they need to do (project checklist)
- issue a challenge for something an existing app might not necessarily address
- users can deploy or work on whatever they want (it is voluntary after all)
- members of a brigade are not required to be in the location of the project
- brigades may have moderation in the future