This is an idea that came up during a break at a daylong session at Lone Star Ruby Conference and I quick registered the domain name. I thought it would be fun to find people who are willing to pair program in your area. So this is this start of such a project. Hopefully I can find others to help me with it and get it going (and keep me on it).
- Page where Developers can login and make a profile, including the following:
- twitter, linked in profiles, github
- areas of code you like (tests, views, database, etc)
- city, state (optional)
- prefer in-person, online pair programming, or either
- link to coderwall
- Comment on profile (talk positively how it was to pair with that person)
- Maybe a reward system (stars? rubyies?) that people can award someone who was helpful. Maybe sponsors can offer prizes.
Get up and running
- Fork the repo It's just this easy
- Clone your shiny new repo
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:username/rubypair.git
- Get you some bundler
gem install bundler
- Get you some gems
- Copy the example config file into the config directory
cp config/app_config.yml.example config/app_config.yml
- Register your application (This makes authentication work) Register Here!
- Main URL for development may vary some but mine is
http://localhost:3000since I just use Webrick
- Callback URL is
http://localhost:3000/auth/github/callbackadjust your accordingly.
- Update your config/app_config.yml with values supplied rom Github's OAUTH app registration
- Install MongoDB. We recommend using homebrew
- There is no 9!