This project is abandoned
This code constitutes a framework for software triggering intended for particle and astroparticle physics experiments with pre-trigger data rates of 300 MB/s. The code scales to 300 MB/s by using celery over numerous computers, but the goal is to have a single thread be able to process a few MB/s.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: http://tunnell.github.io/wax/
To run wax:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/tunnell/wax.git $ event-builder --help
See the usage section in the documentation for more information.
- Processing of Caen V1724 blocks
- Scalable with celery distributed task queue
- Flexible trigger windows and thresholds
- MongoDB data backend
- First open-source software trigger framework
- Data analysis online wax-on and offline wax-off
The program wax consists of two main components: data processing (wax process) and data recording (wax file builder).