- Support installation on Apple Silicon (aarch64) by @kwin and @guw
- Improve MAVEN build Performance by @ChenZhangg
- Move building from Travis-CI to GitHub Actions
- @kwin made their first contribution in #5308
- @ChenZhangg made their first contribution in #5307
- @dependabot made their first contribution in #5305
Full Changelog: v3.0.2...v3.0.3
- Added support to use a path to the
-vmargument. In macOS the only way to use a JDK downloaded with SDKMAN (or any other JDK that does not have the macOS directory layout) is specifying the path to the libjli.dylib file, like
-vm /<PATH_TO_YOUR_JDK>/jre/lib/jli/libjli.dylib. Thanks @mdaloia!
- Spring cleaning:
- Removed the OS X Quick Look feature that was introduced in 1.3.0. It was not very popular and to put it frankly; not very useful.
- Renamed all bundles from "no.resheim.eclipse.utils.*" to "net.resheim.eclipse.launcher" version numbering will now reflect the version of the launcher feature, Hence the jump from 1.4.0 to 3.0.0.
- Travis-CI infrastructure is set up for the project. This enables continous building and makes it easier for contributors.
- Updated branding and EULA.
- Added "-clean" feature to the "Advanced" dialog for clearing OSGi and runtime caches.
If you have an older version installed you must uninstall this before installing this version. Go to Eclipse > About Eclipse > Installation Details, select "OS X Eclipse Launcher Utility" and click Uninstall.... Automatic update to 3.0.0 will not work.
- Various housekeeping: Set up Mylyn configuration for each project. Fixed broken test running from Tycho. Added Eclipse-SourceReferences in Manifest Headers. Set OS-filter in features.xml. Added license text etc.
- Added "Advanced" menu entry in for the "Eclipse Launcher" which is now at version 2.0.0. This opens a dialog with additional options for opening a new instance of Eclipse.
- Which JRE to use, a list of detected runtimes are displayed.
- Maximum and minimum memory to allocate for heap space.
- Remote debugging enablement and port number.
- Whether or not to reduce font size (default is on).