Canvas - Learning Management System
Canvas is a learning management system that helps busy teachers and administrators save hours in their classes and institutions. It helps create amazing course content with a rich content editor, speed up grading, track learning outcomes, and can send notifications via email, facebook and text notifications.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from upstream git repo in /var/www/canvas providing an easy upgrade path.
- Installed Redis Server from Jessie repos.
- Pre-configured to use PostgreSQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Canvas automated jobs daemon initscript.
- Includes Apache pre-configured with Passenger support, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Includes NodeJS and NPM required for compiling assets.
SSL support out of the box.
Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PostgreSQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Canvas: default username is email set at first boot