Domain Controller - free Active Directory server
A Samba4-based Active Directory-compatible domain controller that supports printing services and centralized Netlogon authentication for Windows systems, without requiring Windows Server. Since 1992, Samba has provided a secure and stable free software re-implementation of standard Windows services and protocols (SMB/CIFS).
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
SSL support out of the box.
Webmin modules for configuring Samba.
Domain controller (Samba) configurations:
Preconfigured NetBIOS name: DC1
Sets domain/realm names on first boot
Create new AD domain, or join existing AD domain
Created administrator account is pre-set as Domain User/Admin
Domain Admins have full permissions on the domain.
- Default permissions: owner full permissions.
Configured plug-and-play printing support:
- Installed PDF printer (drops printed docs to $HOME/PDF).
- Configured cups web interface to bind to all interfaces and support SSL.
Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
- See the Domain Controller documentation for limitations and requirements.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Samba: username administrator