MoinMoin - Wiki Engine
MoinMoin is an easy to use and extensible Wiki engine implemented in Python with a large community of users. MoinMoin's storage mechanism are flat files and folders, rather than a database. This makes it easy to manipulate the content in a text editor on the server if necessary, including managing revisions if the wiki gets attacked by spammers.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from package management.
- Wiki data maintained in /var/www/moin/mywiki.
- Enabled FCKeditor by default (ease of use).
- Use Apache WSGI (performance).
- Added spellchecker with English dictionary.
- Set character encoding to utf-8 (internationalization).
- Set logo image to moinmoin logo and set default theme to rightsidebar (user experience).
SSL support out of the box.
Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
Webmin modules for configuring Apache2 and Postfix.
FCKeditor enabled by default. If required, it can be disabled:
sed -i "s|editor_force = False|editor_force = True|" /etc/moin/mywiki.py /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- MoinMoin: username admin