MongoDB - NoSQL database
Mongo DB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance document-oriented NoSQL database system. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database, MongoDB stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas, making integration with certain types of applications easier and faster.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- MongoDB installed and maintained through the package management system (mongodb package).
- Configured with auth enabled (security).
- Configured to bind to all network interfaces (convenience).
- Includes mongo-tools (via package management) - a collection of tools for administering MongoDB servers.
- Includes MongoDB PHP7.0 bindings (mongodb). Note, for use with PHP, you may wish to also install the `MongoDB PHP Library`_
- Includes MongoDB Python3 bindings and iPython3.
- Bundled with Nginx webserver.
Note: as of v15.0 this appliance no longer ships with a built-in Mongo UI for web based administration (previous versions had RockMongo). Unfortunately RockMongo is no longer maintained and not compatible with PHP7.0. There are numerous UI options avaialble, some suggestions are provided on the applaince landing page.
Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
Webmin modules for configuring Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH: username root