Ruby on Rails - Web Application Framework
Ruby on Rails is an open-source web framework that's optimized for programmer happiness and sustainable productivity. Written in Ruby, Rails lets you write beautiful code by favoring convention over configuration. The result is a web framework that allows you to transition from idea to implementation in a very short period of time.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
SSL support out of the box.
Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, and MySQL.
Ruby on Rails configuration:
- Deployment via Phusion Passenger for Apache (mod_rails)
- Preconfigured example Rails application located at /var/www/railsapp
- MySQL databases setup for production, development and testing.
RubyGems package manager installed from upstream tarball
- APT and RubyGems are both package management systems and may potentially conflict.
- We recommend using RubyGems for managing Rails components (called gems), and APT for everything else.
- Essential build packages (build-essentials) are included to aid in building gems.
Upgrading RubyGems itself and Rails components (gems):
gem update --system gem update
See the Ruby on Rails docs for further details.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH, and MySQL: username root