Syncthing - Open, trustworthy and decentralized file sync
Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from the Stable Release Channel via the official Syncthing apt package repository.
- Pre-configured for remote access, with password set on firstboot.
- SSL/TLS pre-enabled - uses default system SSL/TLS certificate.
- Syncthing reverse proxied via Nginx:
- Port 80 redirects to port 443 (http -> https).
- Syncthing default port 8384 (http/https) redirects to 443 (https).
- Security note: Updates to Syncthing may require supervision so they ARE NOT configured to install automatically.
Supervised Manual Syncthing Update
To upgrade to the latest version of Syncthing from the command line:
apt-get update apt-get install syncthing
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH: username root
- Syncthing Web GUI: username syncthing