Standalone Tomcat - Java Servlet and JSP Platform
Tomcat is a servlet container that implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run in. Tomcat powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations.
This appliance configures Tomcat as a standalone application server (I.e., without an external web server). A Tomcat on Apache Appliance is also available for integrations requiring a fully-featured web server.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from package management.
- Using OpenJDK Java runtime.
- Web applications in /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps.
- Includes TurnKey web control panel.
- Created Tomcat admin/manager roles and admin user.
- Bind Tomcat HTTP connector to port 80 (default: 8180).
- Bind SSL interface to port 443 (default: 8443).
- Disabled AJP connector on port 8009 (security).
- Tomcat and Java environment variables configuration system wide.
SSL support out of the box.
Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery).
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Tomcat administration applications: username admin