WordPress - Blog Publishing Platform
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. It is one of the worlds most popular blog publishing applications, includes tons of powerful core functionality, extendable via literally thousands of plugins, and supports full theming.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/wordpress
- Integrated upgrade mechanism: get WordPress updates straight from WordPress' creator Automattic.
- Uploading of media such as images, videos, etc.
- Permalinks configuration supported through admin console (convenience)
- Automatic minor updates are supported (convenience).
- Security note: Major updates to wordpress may require supervision so they ARE NOT configured to install automatically. See upstream documentation for updating Wordpress major releases.
Landing page provides links to WordPress plugin search, plus a number of useful and popular Wordpress plugins (none pre-installed):
- Yost SEO: Optimizes your WordPress blog for search engines and XML sitemaps.
- NextGEN Gallery: Easy to use image gallery with thumbnail & slideshow options.
- JetPack by WordPress.com: Jetpack adds powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users including customization, traffic, mobile, content, and performance tools.
- WP Super Cache: Accelerates your blog by serving 99% of your visitors via static HTML files.
- Social Media Share Buttons & Icons: Promote your content by adding links to social sharing and bookmarking sites.
- Simple Tags: automatically adds tags and related posts to your content.
- BackupWordPress: easily backup your core WordPress tables.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress: track visitors, AdSense clicks, outgoing links, and search queries.
- WP-Polls: Adds an easily customizable AJAX poll system to your blog.
- WP-PageNavi: Adds more advanced paging navigation.
- Ozh admin dropdown menu: Creates a drop down menu with all admin links.
- Contact Form 7: Customizable contact forms supporting AJAX, CAPTCHA and Akismet integration.
- Seriously Simple Podcasting: Simple Podcasting from your WordPress site.
SSL support out of the box.
Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL (MariaDB) and Postfix.
See the WordPress docs for further details (including multisite howto).
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Adminer: username adminer
- Wordpress: username admin