- First ever release of matrix-media-repo.
- Deduplicate media from all sources.
- Support downloads, thumbnails, URL previews, identicons.
- Support for GDPR-style media exports.
- Support for importing from a previous export (for transferring data between repos).
- Admin utilities for clearing up space and undesirable content.
- Built-in S3 (and S3-like) support.
- Animated thumbnail generation.
- Importing media from an existing Synapse homeserver.
- Support for multiple datastores/locations to store different kinds of media.
- Federation for acquiring remote media.
- Media identification (MSC2380).
- Support for cloning media to the local homeserver.
- Various other features that would be expected like maximum/minimum size controls, rate limiting, etc. Check out the sample config for a better idea of what else is possible.