TRTL-DNS addon for Firefox lets you surf .trtl, and OpenNIC domains, and other OpenNIC peered domains.
TRTL-DNS is a public web resolver. It operates at https://dns.trtlnic.com (API description is coming soon).
For the list of OpenNIC support domain names see the full list.
Installing Production Version
Download the extension from the Firefox Addons site: .trtl DNS
Installing Debug Version
- Open Add-ons Manager tab: click on the button with 3 horizontal lines, then click on Add-ons button.
- Open debug page: click on the icon with a cog, then click on Debug Add-ons item. (This and the previous step can be replaced by direct navigation to
- In the tab that has just opened, click on Load Temporary Add-on button.
- Select the extension's directory, then select the manifest file. The directory should contain all files from the Firefox GitHub repository.
- Once the open dialog is submitted, a new extension should appear in the list. Press Ctrl+Shift+J - this will open console window.
- In a regular Firefox tab, navigate to a resource in question (e.g.
edu.trtl) - you will notice the console window is populated with lines. Select them and copy to clipboard. Then submit the log along with your GitHub issue.