The universal desktop GUI wallet for TurtleCoin
- Go here and download the latest release called TurtleCoin-Nest-x.xx-Windows.zip
- Unzip the folder and launch TurtleCoin-Nest.exe. (Make sure you leave everything as is in the folder)
- Make sure turtle-service.exe is not running before you start TurtleCoin-Nest
- Go here and download the latest release called TurtleCoin-Nest-x.xx-Mac.zip.
- Unzip it and move the folder wherever you want or drag the application TurtleCoin-Nest into /Applications or any other folder.
- Launch the application. (If your mac complains that the app comes from an unindentified developer and does not want to open it, just right-click (or ctrl-click) on the app, and choose open > open)
- The wallets you create or generate will be saved to your home folder. You can keep them there or move them wherever you want.
- Make sure turtle-service is not running before you start TurtleCoin-Nest.
- If you encounter crashes, open the activity monitor (in your app > utilities), and force quit turtle-service (if it is running) before opening a wallet.
- The log files will be saved in ~/Library/Application Support/TurtleCoin-Nest/.
- Go here and download the latest release called TurtleCoin-Nest-x.xx-Linux.tar.gz
- extract it
$ tar xvzf TurtleCoin-Nest-x.xx-Linux.tar.gz
- run TurtleCoin-Nest.sh. (Make sure you leave everything as is in the folder)
- Make sure turtle-service is not running before you start TurtleCoin-Nest
- If you want the copy address to clipboard button to work, install xclip or xsel (on Debian/Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt install xclip).
- If you encounter crashes, open an activity monitor (e.g.
$ htop), and quit turtle-service (if it is running) before opening a wallet. (this bug is being worked on)
Just download the new release and follow the same steps as Installation. If you are on Windows or Linux, move your wallets (.wallet) and settings.db files from the old Nest folder to the new. Then you can delete the old folder. (on Mac, you do not need to move the settings.db file as it stays in ~/Library/Application Support/TurtleCoin-Nest/).
Build - (for developers only)
Download Go from here
tar -C /usr/local -xzf go$VERSION.$OS-$ARCH.tar.gzto extract the downloaded go package.
Add the following lines to
.bashrcfile, save the file and then execute the command
source .bashrcin a terminal.
export GOPATH=$HOME/go export GOBIN=$GOPATH/bin export GOROOT=/usr/local/go export PATH=$HOME/bin:$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH:$GOROOT/bin:$GOBIN
Similarly add the following lines to
.profilefile, save the file and then execute the command
source .profilein a terminal.
CGO_CXXFLAGS_ALLOW=".*" CGO_LDFLAGS_ALLOW=".*" CGO_CFLAGS_ALLOW=".*"
Follow the instructions present here till Run the setup to install Qt which is the most important binding required to build Nest.
Type the following commands to clone the Nest wallet, install dependencies and build the wallet.
$ cd $HOME/go/src $ git clone https://github.com/turtlecoin/turtle-wallet-go.git TurtleCoin-Nest $ go get -v github.com/atotto/clipboard github.com/dustin/go-humanize github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3 github.com/mcuadros/go-version github.com/mitchellh/go-ps github.com/pkg/errors $ cd TurtleCoin-Nest $ qtdeploy build desktop
The app folder is in deploy/linux/
Include the latest turtle-service and TurtleCoind builds in the app folder
Windows - Mac
Install Go (https://golang.org/doc/install)
Insall Go libraries (in console or terminal):
$ go get github.com/atotto/clipboard github.com/dustin/go-humanize github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3 github.com/mcuadros/go-version github.com/mitchellh/go-ps github.com/pkg/errors
qtdeploy build desktop
The app folder is in deploy/your os/
Include the latest turtle-service and TurtleCoind builds in:
- Windows: in the app folder
- Mac: in TurtleCoin-Nest.app/Contents/