DNS Service Discovery for LispWorks
This library is a Common Lisp wrapper around the DNS-SD API.
DNS Service Discovery is also known as Zeroconf. It is a way of using standard DNS programming interfaces, servers, and packet formats to browse the network for services.
For an introduction to DNS Service Discovery, see Apple's documentation.
Using the DNS Service Discovery you will be able to:
- Register, Browse and Resolve DNS-SD services,
- Get IP addresses from browsed hostnames,
- Create, query, update and remove DNS resource records,
- Create NAT port mappings, or get the NAT's external IP address.
The library has been tested under the following implementations:
- LispWorks Professional 32 bits for Mac OS X,
- LispWorks Professional 32 bits for Windows,
- LispWorks Enterprise 64 bits for Mac OS X.
Testing on other platforms, including Linux, would be welcome.
Feedback and suggestions
Please contact: Camille Troillard email@example.com