Base Codeigniter App
Note: this contains a variety of submodules. after cloning, be sure to
git submodule update --init --recursive and you should be good to go.
Includes the following submodules:
- CodeIgniter - application folder is outside so that we can just pull vanilla codeigniter updates.
- Twitter Bootstrap - in assets/twitter_bootstrap. This is my fork of bootstrap to allow for minification of js without breaking. I keep it updated from the main repo though. (I submitted a pull request on this but they wouldn't change it due to "strong opinions about semicolons").
- Kenji's CIUnit - a fork of CIUnit (PHPUnit support for CodeIgniter applications) that works in CodeIgniter 2. This is on bitbucket in mercurial so I couldn't add it as a submodule unfortunately. The way it is set up it spreads all over the application folder anyway so it's not just a drop-in tool. For sample tests clone his repo. The version included is from January 28, 2012.
- QUnit - for JS unit testing.
- JQuery Mockjax - excellent tool for mocking ajax requests for JS unit testing.
- Carabiner - drop-in to third_party version of Carabiner - an asset management library. (with added LessPHP support)
- CI Authentication - An authentication package for CodeIgniter.
- Welcome page is re-done with:
- twitter bootstrap
- less css
- minified and combined JS and CSS through Carabiner
- simple template setup
- global form_validation delimiters for twitter bootstrap set in
- htaccess from html5boilerplate with codeigniter snippet at the top to remove index.php.
assets/cacheneeds to be writable
application/db_cacheneeds to be writable for database query caching to work
application/cacheneeds to be writable for page caching to work